The professional associations of which I am a member have greatly enriched my academic career. Through membership in these associations (and especially their divisions), I have made valuable collaborative relationships, connected with potential students, and made life-long friends.
The associations in which I have been most active are:
I have been a member of several divisions in the ASC, including the Division on Women and Crime, the Division on People of Color and Crime, the Division on Corrections and Sentencing, the Division on Critical Criminology and Social Justice, and the (pending approval) Division on Queer Criminology.
I have held the following leadership & committee positions in ASC and its divisions:
The American Society of Criminology
- Vice-President (elected): 2016-2018
- Chair, Publications Committee: 2017-2018
- Annual Meeting Program Committee (1997, 2006, 2009, 2014, 2017)
- Membership Committee
- Hindelang Award Committee (2019-2020)
Division on Women & Crime:
- Senior Executive Counselor (elected) 2019-2021
- Secretary/Treasurer (elected) 2012-2016
- Chair, Social Media Committee 2010-2016; 2020-present
- Webmaster 2006-2015
- Listserv Coordinator 2006-present
- Feminist Criminology Paper Award Committee
Division on Queer Criminology
- Founding member
- Petition Committee 2019-present
- Chair, Networking Committee 2019-present
- Social Media Committee 2019-present
- Annual Meeting Program Committee
I am a relatively new member of this association, and I’m looking forward to attending the 2021 meeting in Florence, Italy.